Your hip is responsible for much of the movement in your lower body. That being said, hip pain can make walking difficult and painful, which can significantly reduce your quality of life.
Hip pain could be caused by an injury, arthritis, or other conditions. However, the good news is that effective management of your hip pain can help restore your active lifestyle.
The professionals at NY Neurology Associates are dedicated to providing the best treatment for their patients. By understanding your unique situation, we will be able to create an effective treatment plan to help relieve your pain.
Schedule an appointment today for pain management at one of our offices in New York. Our specialists have the expertise to help you address your discomfort!
What Are the Causes of Hip Pain?
Common causes of hip pain may include injury, arthritis, and other problems. Some of the most frequent causes of this discomfort are listed below.
- Arthritis: Hip arthritis is a common cause of long-term pain in the hip. The hip may develop several types of arthritis, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and psoriatic arthritis. Along with pain, arthritis can also cause a level of swelling.
- Injury: Hip injury may occur through trauma or overuse. Injury can affect any part of the hip joint, including the muscles, bones, tendons, and ligaments. Injuries to the hip may include the following:
- Dislocated hip
- Hip fractures
- Labral tears
- Hip strains
- Snapping hip syndrome
When to See a Doctor About Your Hip Pain
If your hip pain continues past a few days, then call your healthcare provider to accurately diagnose the problem. You may have a hip injury or some kind of arthritis if you are experiencing persistent hip pain.
In some cases, you should call the doctor immediately. Below are some instances when immediate emergency contact should be made with your doctor.
- You had a fall or injured your hip
- You have severe pain and/or it is getting worse
- Daily activities are too difficult, such as walking, climbing stairs, or leaning forward when sitting
- The pain is also giving you a fever, or you’ve been losing weight
How Is Hip Pain Diagnosed?
Our physicians carry out several methods to diagnose your hip pain. A precise diagnosis of your hip pain is necessary in order to provide an accurate treatment plan.
First, you will be asked to relate your medical history and the symptoms of your hip pain. Our specialists will also conduct a physical exam to pinpoint the reason for your pain.
Medical tests may be performed to get an accurate diagnosis. The following medical tests may be used to diagnose your hip pain.
- MRI scans
- Blood tests
Treatment for Hip Pain
Once we have an accurate understanding of your hip pain, our doctors can then provide several treatment options to help manage your discomfort. The following lists some of the treatments we offer at NY Neurology Associates:
- Steroid injections
- Nerve blocks
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Intrathecal pump therapy
- Physical therapy
- Hip replacement surgery
- Pain medication
Contact NY Neurology Associates Today!
NY Neurology Associates is dedicated to providing the best treatment for our patients. By understanding your unique situation, we are able to create the proper treatment plan to help relieve your pain.
Schedule an appointment today for pain management at one of our offices in New York. Our doctors look forward to meeting you and helping you tackle your hip pain in the most effective way possible!