However, when back pain becomes chronic or you’ve been unable to get relief, it is time to see an expert. The best pack pain doctor NYC experts will provide pain management and treatment that is tailored to your exact needs.
When to See a Doctor
It can be difficult to know, at first, when it is time to see a doctor for back pain. If you’ve had pain for more than a month or if it doesn’t resolve with treatment, it is time to see the best pack pain doctor NYC offers. Even if you have not experienced pain for an extended period of time, back pain that includes the following should be addressed immediately:
- If you have not experienced any relief through self-treatment methods such as ice, heat and over the counter pain medication.
- If your back pain is accompanied by sensations of numbness or tingling in the body, particularly in the arms and legs.
- If the back pain is the result of an injury such as a fall or a car accident.
- If the pain is accompanied by weakness, pain or numbness in your legs.
- If you have a fever in addition to the back pain.
- If you’ve lost weight without trying to since experiencing the back pain.
- If you also have a fever that is not resolving.
Any of the above issues may be indicative of a large, more serious medical condition that requires immediate treatment.
Best Back Pain Doctor NYC
The industry leaders in the treatment of back pain in NYC may be found at NY Neurology. Their team of experts treat each patient as an individual and work tirelessly to identify the root cause of the pain. Once a diagnosis is made, experts from a number of disciplines work together to create a personalized treatment plan. These experts include neurologists, physiatrists, physical therapists, holistic practitioners and surgeons. By combining the expertise of all of these individuals the team at NY Neurology is able to develop a comprehensive plan that directly addresses each patient’s specific medical needs. It is often the combination of treatment methods that allows patients at NY Neurology to get relief.
To start your journey towards pain management, have a consultation with the best back pain doctor NYC expert. If you would like to schedule an appointment or check for availability, book online or call 212 987-0100.